Form Center

By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.

Building Permit Application

  1. Building Permit Application
  2. Not for Manufactured Homes
  3. Not for Commercial Buildings
  4. Are there other structures on this parcel?
  5. Is there an existing residence on this parcel?
  6. Is this parcel located within a half mile from a CAFO?
  7. Is structure closer than 300 feet from the Snake River Canyon?
  8. RIM and/or the Malad Canyon RIM?
  9. Is this building site within the floodplain?
  10. 1 The canyon rim(s) is that, which consists of a slope, exceeding 30% for a distance of 25’ or more. The location of the rim shall be determined before any excavation or grading preparatory to development occurs. In some areas there is more than one rim. Any encroachment or development within three hundred (300) feet from the top of the Snake River Canyon Rim(s) or the Malad Canyon Rim(s) shall require a Special Use Permit. Minimum requirements for a special use permit shall include an engineering study and a geological report. No structures shall be built within fifty (50) feet of the rim(s). (see Gooding County Zoning Ordinance No. 78).
  11. 2 FIRM (Flood Insurance Rate Map) panels can be reviewed at the Gooding County Planning & Zoning office.
  12. Structure Information
  13. Project Cost: Attach an estimate of the total value of construction work for which the permit is issued including finish work, painting, roofing, electrical, plumbing, heating and air conditioning, and other permanent equipment.
  14. As per IBC 110.1, construction under permit shall remain accessible and exposed for inspection purposes until approved. No building or structure shall be used or occupied, and no change in the existing occupancy classification of a building or structure or portion thereof shall be made until the building official has issued a certificate of occupancy. Although plan reviews can take up to 60 days, the average time between submittal and approval/disapproval is one week. 24-­‐Hour notice is required by law for inspection requests.
  15. Please contact the building official at 208-­‐934-­‐5958 for inspection requests.
  16. Separate permits and inspections are required for Electricity, Plumbing and HVAC. Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC contractors must have valid state licenses. To request an inspection from the Idaho Division of Building Safety, please call 1-800-839-9239.
  19. I hereby apply for a permit to do the work stated above, and acknowledge that I have read this application and hereby certify that the above information is complete and correct and, as the applicant, I accept the responsibility to ensure that all work and materials will be in accordance with International Building Code, Idaho State law and Gooding County Ordinances, and that all required inspections are conducted prior to use or occupancy.
  20. Signature
    By checking this box I authorize my signature.
  21. Leave This Blank:

  22. This field is not part of the form submission.